Friday, July 19, 2013

DIY Tassel Charms

Well, I haven't realized that I have been making these for years. Yet, they have been turned into little yarn dolls that end up getting messed up one way or another. I can't complain... This is one cool DIY.

After seeing this post on I Spy DIY, I decided to return to my old yarn doll ways and take a few steps away to make a tassel.

Now I will teach you. Let's get started:
 You will need: embroidery floss (I used twine-- Just because), something to wrap it around, and scissors.
 Start off by holding the beginning on the twine on the thing you will use to wrap it.
 Then wrap the twine around until you get a desired thickness.
 REMEMBER: a thicker wrap = a thicker tassel
a thinner wrap = a thinner tassel
 Gently slide off the twine.
 Take a small piece of twine and tie off the top.
 Cut off the longer end so that it makes a tassel.
There is your finished tassel. 

Andddddd.... I forgot to add the jump ring. How do you expect it to get it on a chain? So you will need needle-nose pliers and jump rings to attach it to a bracelet or chain.

So, I hope you enjoyed this DIY. Check back every day for a new DIY.

No comments:

Post a Comment