Thursday, July 25, 2013

DIY Paper Bag Coasters

Well, after seeing this DIY on A Fabulous Fete, I needed to try it out. So I gathered up some paper bags and go to work. This DIY is pretty neat because you can change the design on it based on what you like or what you have at the moment.

So, let's get started:
 You will need: an exacto knife (or one of these amazing stencil thingies I found in my basement), glue, paper bags, and stuff to decorate them (stamps, paint, embroidery floss, and Sharpies).
 Use the stencil cutter to cut a circle in the paper bag.
 Make sure to take your time in order to get perfect circles.
 Glue 3-4 circles together. It depends on the durability of your paper. My paper bag was pretty flimsy, so I did four circles.
 Glue them together.
 Make sure that the circles are even.
 To flatten them out, just press them with some very heavy books.
I used a Sharpie to decorate my little coasters. You can also use paint, stamps, or embroidery floss. You could even come up with other decoration ideas.

I hope this helped you out. Be sure to check out A Fabulous Fete's paper coasters because they are pretty amazing. Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. They take a little more patience to make with the sticky shelving liner, but that method works well, too.

    Personalized Paper Coaster

    ReplyDelete